The Match Committee controls all competitions and reserves the right to change dates, cancel or otherwise vary any competition.
Golf Patrons and members under the age of 18 years are permitted in the bar, but may NOT purchase alcohol. The club supports Responsible Service of Alcohol & Gambling.
Proof of age must be produced upon request. In accordance with liquor licensing junior golf members are considered exempt.
Complaints should be made in writing to the Secretary/Manager of the Carpentaria Golf Club, who will submit them to the general committee. No employee of the Carpentaria
Golf Club may be directly reprimanded by a member.
COURSE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
The Carpentaria Golf Club seeks to maintain a safe working environment in line with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011. To help prevent injury to staff from golf balls, the following procedures should be followed:
Fairways and Rough: Golfers must wait for an approaching mower or vehicle to pass behind or out of range before playing their shots. Golfers may be called on by the operator to play their shots.
Greens: When the flag has been removed, the green is out of play. Golfers must not hit to the green until the flag has been replaced and the green is cleared.
Damage to adjoining property: Players should report to management immediately upon completion of their round any apparent damage by golf balls to adjoining property or passing vehicles.
Members and their guests are expected to maintain a neat tidy appearance when visiting Carpentaria Golf Club. Final say on dress code remains at manager’s discretion.
On the course itself it is expected that members and guests wear appropriate golfing attire including collared shirts, dress shorts, skort/skirts or pants and closed in shoes. Thongs, sandals, slides and “Crocs” are not considered appropriate footwear as they do not provide enough protection.
ETIQUETTE ON COURSE
1. No more than 4 persons to a group.
2. Strictly NO BYO alcohol on course under ANY circumstances. Our premises are licensed throughout, therefore responsible service applies over the entire property.
3. It is compulsory for all players to carry a sand bucket and fill in any divots during play. Players must ensure pug marks on greens are repaired before proceeding to the next tee.
4. On completion of a hole, all players should leave the green immediately scorecards should be marked at the next tee.
5. Before leaving a bunker, the player should repair the area carefully before replacing the rake in the centre of the bunker parallel to the fairway.
6. Players to ensure no damage to the putting surface when replacing the flagstick. Care should also be taken not to damage the hole by standing too close when handling the flagstick and replacing when finished the hole.
7. Players using golf carts should show consideration to players on foot by not advancing too far ahead of play unless they are searching for golf balls.
8. SLOW PLAY – The Match Committee sets the pace of play guidelines. If a player unduly delays play, scoring penalties via the addition of strokes to score may be applied.
9. SLOW PLAY – If you have doubt about finding your ball, hit a provisional ball immediately. Before looking for the lost ball, other players in your group should hit their next shot, call up any group following, then assist in the search. Five (5) minutes is the maximum for any search.
10. Time can be saved by marking your card after you have hit off from the next tee. Your position in the field should be directly behind the group in front of you.
11. Play must commence from the first tee unless otherwise directed by the match committee. When a competition under the control of the match committee is in progress, a member who is not taking part may only play where directed by the starter. The starter has sole discretion on the order of play and may adjust the event
starter sheets as required.
12. Events – Members may invite players from affiliated clubs to play with them in events upon payment of the appropriate green fee.
13. Personal property – The Carpentaria Golf Club is NOT responsible for the loss of any property, damage to property or injury to any person on or about premises, although we will take all care to avoid any such incident from occurring. It is strongly recommended that players clarify their own insurance cover, particularly in relation
to personal equipment and use of motorised carts.
14. Competitions require a minimum of 3 players to a group, match committee shall have ultimate discretion with all decisions in relation to this.
Note: As part of their Golf Australia Capitation/Affiliation members receive limited personal liability cover during normal golfing activities on all golf courses within Australia.